Veeam™ Cloud Connect
TasmaNet provide Cloud Connect which enables off-site backup storage as part of a comprehensive availability strategy, embracing virtualisation and storage investments for customers in our Data Centre and extending them through the hybrid cloud. The 3-2-1 rule states that you need to keep three copies of your data, stored on two types of media, with one copy being off site. Getting backups off site can be challenging due to limited bandwidth, exploding data volumes and a lack of resources required to build or maintain a true offsite backup repository. With Cloud Connect, you can master the 3-2-1 rule without dumping money and resources into a second site or adding bandwidth — just leverage cloud backup repository services from TasmaNet and take advantage of Veeam’s Built-in WAN Acceleration technology.
TasmaNet provide a Cloud Connect repository to customers through a secure SSL connection with no additional Veeam licensing required. Customers are able to access and recover their data at any time using their console, via this self-service solution. TasmaNet offer Cloud Connect as a subscription-based model with pricing related to how much storage the customer requires.
- Cloud Connect is an offsite data storage solution TasmaNet provides to customers who use Veeam.
- Cloud Connect is a self-service solution, where the customer will perform backup/restore operations and administration.
- TasmaNet provide a Veeam Cloud Connect repository in our Data Centre, thereby providing customers with offsite cloud backup storage.
- Not a standalone DRaaS solution, but may form part of a customer's overall disaster recovery plan.
- TasmaNet recommends using this service as a secondary backup for offsite data storage, however it is possible to use Cloud Connect as primary backup storage.