We refer to your personal information as defined under the Privacy Act. Personal information is information we collect which identifies you, or can be used to identify you.
Information we collect and hold
The type of information we collect depends on the products and services you use. We will only collect information that is necessary to provide a service to you.
How we store your information
The security of your information is important to us. We take all reasonable steps to securely store your personal information so it is protected from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure. We may store your information in electronic format or hard copy in storage facilities that we own.
Who we provide your personal information to
We may disclose your information to:
- third parties who provide services to us, including organisations and contractors that assist us with the purposes for which we use your information
- your authorised representatives or when you ask us to do so
- suppliers/organisations who are based outside Australia
We will not disclose personal information or any other information or data held by us about you to a third party unless:
- we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and we disclose this information as a necessary part of our investigation of the matter or in reporting our concerns to relevant persons or authorities, or
- we are required or permitted by law to provide this information to an authority or person that is duly authorised to request it, or
- a court order compels us to disclose this information to a specified recipient, or
- we are otherwise required or specifically permitted by law to disclose this information (including disclosure permitted under the Privacy Act 1988). Such disclosure includes any disclosure necessary to provide the Supplies to you (including for example possible disclosure to our suppliers).
We must co-operate with the lawful requests of members of the police or any other person duly authorised to investigate breaches of the law, and that we may disclose any information held by us in relation to your account to such authorities if compelled or required to do so.
How to access your personal information
If you wish to access any of your personal information, please contact us or call 1300 792 711. You may also contact us if you believe your privacy has been compromised or should you wish to lodge a complaint.
If you believe that we have not dealt with your concerns you may lodge a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) or the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (www.tio.com.au).